The key to healing from emotional wounds is to be able to release the pain from those wounds.
In this module you learned there are three factors which make releasing the past difficult:
- When you’re hurt, your body responds by producing hormones and neurotransmitters which affect your emotions. You can become anxious and depressed.
- The tendency is to keep thinking about what happened to you. This causes your brain to produce more hormones and neurotransmitters, resulting in greater anxiety and depression.
- The emotions which resulted from what happened also continue the cycle.
To stop this cycle, you’ll need to access your inner power, release the past, and form your new future.
In the next module, you’ll learn how the misconceptions about forgiveness and releasing the past, may prevent you from letting go of what happened and moving forward.
Before moving to the next module, spend time reflecting on what you’ve learned and discover how it applies to you. This will prepare you for moving past your pain and moving into the wonderful future that awaits you.
- What are the recurring thoughts of the past you don’t want any more? Write them down.
- Read each one of these recurring thoughts aloud and then say, “You’re on notice. I don’t want you anymore. You are going to leave now!”
- What recurring feelings of the past do you not want anymore? Write those down.
- Out loud, tell each one of these feelings: “I will no longer entertain you.”